Growing up, I always dreamed of going to college and couldn't wait for the day I moved into the dorms and started my college experience. Now that I'm here, I wish I could go back to high school and am missing it dearly. I knew college would be different from high school and I was just so sure that I would adjust perfectly. Boy was I wrong. The first couple weeks of class proved to me that my high school no where near prepared me for this.
It seems like all college is, is notes, notes, notes, and test. There isn't too much homework to turn in and if there is it doesn't count for much. The reading is actually the hardest part for me seeing as I hate to read. I get bored extremely fast and tend to also get distracted easily. I try and study for all these classes but I'm having a difficult time doing that also. Last semester was a prime example of that for me. Knowing I did so horrible makes me strive to find a way to do better this semester. I know it's going to be hard, but I need to do better. I have no choice. I'm trying to better myself and the only way to do that is with an education and degree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You know, I always heard that High School did not prepare one for college, but as the saying goes, "seeing is believing!" I strongly believe that now!! It's all good though, because you are not alone!
I think it's great that you are having a positive attitude and that you aren't getting discouraged like many students do. I think that you will adjust just fine because I can tell from reading your blog that you want it and are willing to work for it. :)
I miss high schoool too...it was easier, but we just got to keep going for the future. Don't you feel like we do so much for the future and we're just wasting the now?
Yea college is so different from high school. I did not do so good last semester but things are looking so much better. I have a new roommate you is alot better than my last. I would say having a positive atitude really helps. Plus, I just say to myself that they lord knows I am here for a reason and I will get where I am suppose to go.
College is very different from high school, but all you have to remember is to stay on top of everything... easier said than done right... and as for reading.. i fully know what you mean, but you have the right mind set, and I'm sure you will be able to over come this. It just takes practice... and trust me, we all will be getting enough practice with reading... :-D
Don't worry we have all been through this but keep up the positive attitude. Yeah I think we all miss our high school days probably because it was easier and less stressful. Just remember you're getting that much closer to becoming what you want to be in the future.
I agree, I dont think high school really prepares you for college. You really do have to push yourself in college, like you said to get your reading done.
I'm right there with ya!
Post a Comment