The year 2007 was definately one to remember. So much happened in my life, both good and bad. My basketball season was definately one to remember. It was the best season ever and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I graduated from my high school with a 3.7 GPA. I guess just graduating period would have to be wonderful. I miss all my friends and everything but I wanted to get out so bad. I miss basketball mostly. I attended FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) camp in early June. It was so much fun and just a life changing experience. I met so many wonderful people. I moved to San Marcos and now attend Texas State. I love it here. I hated it at first but now it's good. I have so many great memories but I can't recall them all right now. But those were just some of the great ones.
The worst part of the year was losing 4 people that I knew and loved all within a 2 month span. First my classmate who was also my friend along with her boyfriend, who i grew up with and adored, died in a car accident on July 10th. It was devastating to our community and hit our town hard. It killed me and hurt so bad. I couldn't believe it at all. On August 7th, my friend who was just 11 years old and attended my church, died of diabetic complications. I loved this girl dearly and would often help her with problems she was having in school. She would always come into H.E.B where I worked and give me a big ol' hug. It's so hard going to church now and not seeing her smiling face and seeing her little brother but not her. On August 27th, I lost my great uncle. He died of natural causes. I loved him also even though he would upset me sometimes because he would tell my parents stuff he heard that wasn't true and get me in trouble. But he's family and was a very religious man. Now that I'm older, I know he was just looking out for me becuase he didn't want me to end up like some of the people in my family and our town. He was a great man and I miss him also. It took me a long time to understand why all of this happened. But I know now that God had other plans for them. They're in heaven where they're safe from harm. I can't wait to see them all again one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree! It was definetely a year to remember!
Post a Comment