Is it a bad thing to grow up "to fast"? I think it is. Some people have no choice due to circumstaces such as an unstable and one parent homes. I mean they have to help out at the house and everything. I know a few people like this. It's actually sad because you can see how it affects their lives. A lot of them didn't have a childhood and some of them have kids of their own already. They never knew what it was like to be a child or teenager because they always had to be at home watching their younger siblings or going to work. I couldn't imagine not having gotten to live my life to the fullest and experience things as a child and teenager that have helped me develop today and appreciate when I was younger.
I don't know what it's like to grow up too fast. I mean as a child I participated in sports and things I wanted to do. My parents never forced me to do something I didn't like or want to do. They let me be a child. As a teenager, things didn't really change at all. I had a few more responsibilities but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I still got to do the teenager thing. When I got to high school I had a few more options and priviledges than I did when I was in junior high. I got to go out more and experience life more. I did have curfew and everything though. My parent's were very strict. But I am so appreciative of it today. It's helped me appreciate my life more and just being on my own. I know how to be a responsible adult. Now that I am grown I can live my life as a responsible young adult. I'm still learning things and I'm still making mistakes, but that's just part of being human. We learn and move on. (and try not to make the same mistake twice).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know I sure miss the "good ole' days!
Post a Comment