I sometimes try and figure out why do people make mistakes in life? I mean, they make the mistakes, say I'm sorry, and then say they "regret" what they did. Why do we regret something if it's what we wanted at that particular point in our life? Yes, it hurt someone, and you feel bad about it and say how you wish you would have never done it and so on, yet when you did it, you were happy, not thinking about the consequences. I've done this and been through it so many times in life, I lost count. Recently, however, I messed up big time. I almost lost two very important people in my life over something that was non-important to me.
My friend was talking to this guy who she really liked. I somehow begin to talk to him on the phone and telling him how much I liked him. I mean, he did the same thing and provoked a lot of it and even told me all I had to do was tell him I wanted to be with him and he would leave my friend alone. I couldn't bring myself to do this. I already felt bad for talking to him behind her back so I definitely couldn't do that. Plus, I'm not that type of person. I didn't want him that bad. This guy was also my current boyfriend's close friend. My boyfriend and I broke up for a couple weeks and thats when all of this happened. When I finally told my best friend and boyfriend about this, they both blew up on me and I just didn't know what to do. I knew it was the end. My boyfriend forgave me first. He's a very forgiving person. My best friend, however, was really hurt and felt betrayed, which I don't blame her at all. Finally after a few days of me begging and my boyfriend talking to her, we finally spoke and talked about it. Everythings back to normal now, but it still kills me inside knowing how bad I messed up. I know I will never do this again because I don't want to risk losing those I love for something I don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you see at least you are aware that of your mistakes, and have learned from them. Just don't worry about what you did, it's in the past... just make sure you think next time, which i'm sure you will because you care so much about your best friend and boyfriend :-)
Post a Comment