Saturday, March 8, 2008

February 29th.

So my high schools boys basketball team made it to the regional tournament once again this year in kingsville. I was so excited because I knew how good they were and they deserved to be there. I was mostly happy because I would be able to see my cousin play again and he's a senior so I didn't know if it would be his last game or not. The game started and I was all into it. It was a very exciting game. My cousin played so hard and some of his teammates didn't. They ended up losing by four points. It's not that the team was better, they just had one big guy that none of our players could match up to. The ref's didn't help much and the lack of some of the players not playing to their potential also contributed

It was tough sitting there watching all of this happen because it's like the boys didn't see it and the refs didn't either. We definitely deserved to win. We were better over all than the other team. The part that hurt the most was knowing it would be the last time I would see my cousin play high school basketball. I enjoyed going to the games and cheering him on and letting everyone know he was my "kinfolk." I cried. But I know it's not the end of his career. He's too good. I love my kinfolk. =)

1 comment:

SLIMZ said...

Shoo... At least your kinfolk made it to the end. I was shocked when I heard that my high school didn't make it to State. They got whipped by the sorriest school in the district. Oh well!