Today I went to a program put on by the BSM, Baptist Student Ministries. They've been having these huge black signs everywhere with spray painted words such as, loneliness, anxiety, sex, divorce, and many more. So I have been very curious for some time now to see what was up with that. Tonight, I found out.
This man, I didn'y catch his name but I think he is a Baptist minister from Atlanta, came and spoke to us. He asked us what if our life right now was as good as it gets? I have never thought about that ever because I just knew my life would get better. It woke me up. He told us that even though some religions shun it, it is ok to have dreams and to want and long for something. If you don't want something such as for life to be better or to get married or anything, then your not really living life. Your stuck in a whole different world from everyone else. We can always do something better in life. He also said that if such things as drinking and sex for example, "filled" us, then we would only do it once and be done with it. He really helped me realize a whole lot. I'm happy I went and wish alot more people would have went also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I was also touched with his message. He has done what God called him to do; to preach the gospel in all the world... I think our generation should take a stand also!
This is my birthday!
ya we need to do something.
my friend was one of the BSM people that put this on and she said that it was really great.
Post a Comment