Tonight I went to IMPACT which is a bible study group on campus as well as a wonderful organization to be apart of. Tonight we talked about conflict and the right//godly way to handle it. It really woke me up because I do not like nor handle conflict well at all. I tend to say things I end up regretting. I mean everyone loses their cool when confronting someone or being in confrontation with someone. It's hard for us to be calm and collective when someone else is sitting there cussing you out and calling you every name in the book. You feel disrespected and our first instinct is to get back at them. So we tell them the same thing they've basically said to us except with 10 times more emotion and "fire."
I learned tonight that killing them with kindness makes people feel worse then cussing them out. I know I've had people do that to me where I'm sitting here heated yelling and screaming and they're just smiling and laughing at me. So it obviously works. Also I learned that even though I say I forgive the person, I really don't. It's hard though because I feel like I don't bother anyone or disrespect anyone so when I'm disrespected for no reason it bothers me. At the bible study they told us to think of it as what if God didn't forgive us for our sins? We'd be in bad shape then. So I have a whole new outlook on conflict and how it should be handled. I'm going to work on it but it will take awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey that was good. I have know for the longest that you can kill people with kindness. I do this myself. I view myself as someone that doesn't like to offend anyone. Then when people do this to me ya it hurts but being the bigger man feels better. Also the whole 2 wrongs don't make a right can fall under this. But that is really good i hope you use it for your self and see it work.
I amlost feel better killing people with kindness becasue then you've gotten to them that much more haha! It's a hard battle to face though!
Post a Comment